“It tis the doom of men they oft forget, ere downfall of both cook and king.” -Shakespeare
Yes, it’s that time again kiddies when I make my annual predictions of doom and gloom for the political and cultural world. In 2011-2012, when the Glendale-Peoria Today paper published my annual predictions, I was largely lambasted, skewered and generally take to task by the leftists. Suffice to say, most of them came true.
This year I’m sure the liberals will howl mightily again as the predictions generally suggest that the country is being poorly run by Team Obama. I can’t decide if it’s intentional, or if the clowns in the White House are really just that incompetent. If even half of these predictions come true, perhaps I should open a tarot shop.
No matter. I claim no psychic powers or connection to the ethereal for my predictions. They are based on a fundamental understanding of history and liberalism. Past results lead to future predictions in the study of men and countries.
- Democrats will retain the Senate but just barely, maybe a deadlock with VP as deciding vote. GOP loses seats in house but retains control. The infighting of the GOP with the more conservative elements will deny them any chance of flipping the Senate and will almost lose them the House. There will be some upsets and a strong conservative finish, but not in the Senate. The infighting will continue past the election to the breaking point leading to failure in the 2016 presidential run unless the conservatives can break the moderate’s control of the party. Major shakeups being in both parties as DNC seeks to distance itself from Clinton and GOP tries to destroy the Tea Party.
- Overseas major trouble for Russia as Middle East continues to burn, possibly as early as the Olympics. Strong unification effort between Arab states in the Middle East and rumblings of royal family trouble in Saudi Arabia. The terror front will solidify in Africa and the lines will be drawn as Iran flexes its muscle. Iran gets nuke, Israel stand by sidelines and Iran uses nuclear terror in its unification efforts of the Arab world.
- Major instability in US cities as minorities and unions foment more strife in the inner cities to produce results for elections in November. Things will get out of hand in at least one city where some rioting occurs, similar to the Rodney King rebellion in Los Angeles. The police state will continue its encroachment as more people are injured, maimed or killed for minor offenses. Local police with begin by keeping armed officers at corners in major cities and/or using armored cars for patrols.
- Obamacare begins to settle down and become accepted even though it is major headache for companies and people scrambling to find affordable insurances. Some smaller health insurers get gobbled up by larger companies which will hold off major problems until at least 2016 as the economics of scale works to the consumers benefit in the short run.
- Expect coups or revolutions in one or more westernized nations as economic tailspin continues. This will happen mostly in South America as Islamic extremism expands its program of unrest into the region and the US continues its hands off policy resulting in huge amounts of refugees to America.
- Unemployment numbers drop measurably but the people are still not making money. White House will go into the election with 6.5 to 5.9% unemployment numbers making the case for economic recovery. Labor pool continues to drop. Tax revenues stagnate as Congress struggles to raise taxes in places that it hasn’t before such as internet sales or possibly a VAT. We might even see rumblings again of a national sales tax to fund Obamacare. The market will continue to rise as the Federal Reserve continues an aggressive pumping of funds in it leading to a bubble burst possibly in 2015.
- Significant changes coming to hockey as liberals attack that sport next accusing it of racism and racial violence on ice. This will start with an elimination of fighting in the sport.
- Administration pushes major pharm companies to create more ‘cure’ drugs instead of chronic medication treatments. Stories start to abound of inappropriate care and reduced health care while government struggles to control costs in medical care.
- Hamid Karzai exits Afghanistan by force or subterfuge. At least one major assassination in Europe.
- Breakthroughs in agriculture allow for widespread feeding of people but food is cheap, poor quality and low taste. Designed for the masses.
What may come down the road for early 2015? The 3-D printing of food, and other items could send Chinese economy into a tailspin as people begin to buy printers to make their clothes and other consumer goods, with Chinese aggression in Pacific as a result. Technology stagnates in America, but explodes overseas.
I hope I’m wrong on these predictions, but plan for them nevertheless. Proper planning prevents poor results I always say. Children and old ladies may weep and worry about the future, but adults understand and prepare of it. Of course there always the possibility that the American people will wake up and throw a lot of these bums out of Washington.
Just don’t count on it.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Liberty Never Sleeps